- Here are details of my latest articles, books, & recent public appearances
* Below is a recent video interview that I gave on the newly published Finnish translation of Roger Scruton’s The Need for Nations
*I gave an online series of four lectures on The Conservative Hegel for the Roger Scruton Legacy Foundation during the month of March 2021. Each lecture can be viewed here.
* I led a reading of Roger Scruton’s Fools, Frauds and Firebrands: Thinkers of the New Left, for the Roger Scruton Legacy Foundation during the month of February 2021. Videos of the sessions can be viewed here.
*I gave a keynote address to an online conference: Tradition and Change: Scruton’s Philosophy, run by the University of Silesia in Katowice on Friday, January 22, 2021. My lecture ‘Main Currents of Scruton’s Philosophy’ can be viewed below:
*I published a piece entitled ‘Roger Scruton was no atheist’ in The Critic on the first anniversary of Sir Roger’s death (12.1.2021). You can read it here
*I gave an opening reflection at the Roger Scruton Legacy Foundation’s Remembering Roger Scruton online event to mark the first anniversary of Roger’s passing. The event was streamed live on Tuesday, January 12. View my comments and the opening session on Scruton and Eastern Europe here:
* My new book The Last Word: Roger Scruton’s Timely Tracts (Journalism 1971-2019) will appear with Bloomsbury in February 2022. More details to follow.
* I wrote a short reflection on Roger Scruton as “Man of Letters” for the Roger Scruton Legacy Foundation which you can read Here
* I have just published an essay entitled ‘Benedict XVI: Beauty as a Doorway to the Sacred’ in Dualta Roughneen (ed.), The Best of Benedict: An Irish Perspective (One on One Press, 2020). The book is available here:
* My essay ‘The Voice of History: Roger Scruton on the Meaning of Monarchy’, will appear in Carolina Armentros (ed.) The Making of Modern European Monarchy (Bloomsbury) in 2021.
* I led a discussion of my book Conversations with Roger Scruton online at the Scrutopia Book Club on Friday, October 23, 2020
On Roger Scruton and more, More Christ podcast, September 19, 2020
‘Society’s response to Covid’, Spirit Radio, September 17, 2020
‘Before & After Scruton’ in The European Conservative, Summer/Fall 2020, No. 17: 98-102.
‘A Philosophical perspective on the wearing of face masks to combat Covid 19’, Spirit Radio, June 17, 2020
‘Sir Roger Scruton: The Philosopher’s Mind at its End’ in The Critic, February 12, 2020 Here
‘A Philosophical Approach to Voting’, Spirit Radio, January 31, 2020 –
‘A Christian-Philosophical Approach to the Climate Emergency’, Spirit Radio, November 20, 2019
‘That this House would rather Believe’, Garret Fitzgerald Chamber, University College Dublin, 15.10.2019 – https://youtu.be/0kJHFVS9i0I
‘The Poison of Negativity’, Spirit Radio, August 21, 2019 –
‘What Roger Scruton can teach his detractors’, The Spectator, 30.4.2019 https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/04/what-roger-scruton-can-teach-his-detractors/
‘La fin de la democratie?’ in Les Democratie dans l’adversite, Chantal Delsol & Giulio de Ligio eds. (Cerf, 2019), pp. 117-130.
‘Burke, Prophet of Peace’ in The European Conservative, Issue 15: Summer/Fall 2018, pp. 26-29 (https://europeanconservative.com/wp-content/uploads/eurocon_15_2018_summer-fall_dig.pdf)
- And here is a topical piece from my archive:
Moral Matters, Irish Daily Mail
April 9, 2014
Tomorrow I fly to Montreal to address a conference at McGill University. Regular readers will know I don’t like…Read More